MDPI MATHEMATICS Special Issue "Mathematics and Computer Programming in 2D and 3D Open Source Software"
Special Issue "Mathematics and Computer Programming in 2D and 3D Open Source Software"
A special issue of Mathematics (ISSN 2227-7390). This special issue belongs to the section "Mathematics and Computer Science".
Special Issue Editor
Dr. Tihomir Dovramadjiev E-Mail Website SciProfiles
Faculty of Shipbuilding, Technical University of Varna, 9010 Varna, Bulgaria
Interests: PLM; CAD; CAE; CAM; graphs in computer science
Special Issue Information
Mathematics is strongly related to computer programming. The application of maximum accuracy based on mathematical principles and functions is a guarantee of reliability and quality in the development of applications in 2D and 3D open-source computer software. The application in science and practice of open-source computer software is especially relevant. This is based not only on free and easy access to these resources, but mostly on the extremely fast development of these systems, which is largely due to the human factor and the periodic receipt of improvements to the respective applications. Open-source systems play an important role in 2D and 3D computer software. These software exist individually but can sometimes be correlated, used interconnectedly, and built as hybrid variants. Given the massive digitalization, open-source systems attract academics and researchers, leading companies, private users, students interested in computer programming and activities, as well as all stakeholders. Looking for opportunities for maximum quality of development, the application of mathematical functions in coding to create entirely new or to upgrade existing software is of great importance.
This section invites researchers who use the mathematical functions and computer codes in practice to present, at a high level, their activities related to:
- Applications in 2D and 3D open-source computer software;
- Creation of new 2D and 3D open-source computer software;
- Upgrading of existing 2D and 3D open-source computer software;
- Development of extensions as add-ons, add-ins, and plug-ins;
- Creating scripts;
- Creation of two-dimensional and three-dimensional finished models;
- Creating parametric applications for generating 2D and 3D models based on mathematical values;
- Application of mathematical functions and writing scripts directly in three-dimensional software (e.g., Blender, FreeCAD and others);
- Оthers relevant to the topic.
Dr. Tihomir Dovramadjiev
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Mathematics is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- open source
Mathematics is a peer-reviewed, open access journal which provides an advanced forum for studies related to mathematics, and is published semimonthly online by MDPI. The European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (EUSFLAT) and International Society for the Study of Information (IS4SI) are affiliated with Mathematics and their members receive a discount on article processing charges.
- Open Access- free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), RePEc, and other databases.
- Journal Rank: JCR - Q1 (Mathematics) / CiteScore - Q1 (General Mathematics)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 17.8 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 2.8 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2022).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Sections: published in 13 topical sections.
- Companion journals for Mathematics include: Foundations, AppliedMath and Analytics.
Impact Factor: 2.592 (2021) ; 5-Year Impact Factor: 2.542 (2021)